At the Crossroads

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now. --Joan Baez When men and women agree,it is only in their conclusions;their reasons are always different

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Maverick!!!

It is my little sister's birthday today (March 19). I call her at the stroke of midnight to wish her birthday. My family is out partying at a beach resort by the waterside. The birthday girl asks me what i sent her for birthday and is excited at the prospect of receiving a designer watch as a birthday gift. I sit here in my little cubicle at work wondering what it would feel like to be with them at this very moment. I have set out on an exploration spree and in this fit of madness i hope not to miss out on the happiness that brings a smile on my face. I hope not to compromise on the more significant things in life that may not seem important now. After all, heart is where home is and there can be no substitue for mother's love, dad's concern and lovely little sisters. I wish i get to talk to them at leisure sometime. Isnt life really mean at times??

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, 07 April, 2008, Blogger Jas said…

    Life isnt mean, and it isnt fair either. As you posted earlier, it just throws some unanswered questions at you and depending on what you choose to answer, you choose how you live your life.

    Life is what we make out of it. And love, affection, concern act as a nutrients for it. Its these that bring the platonic love, romantic love, lust, hatred and fear.. anything. Not that its a teaching or anything; just what the life has taught me all this while.

    by the way, you write beautiful.

     
  • At Wednesday, 09 April, 2008, Blogger Jo said…

    @jas

    Brilliantly said. And this is what makes life so exciting - the amazing mix.
    Life can be a jigsaw puzzle where success lies in putting bits and pieces together in little time, Or may be the perfect cocktail that elevates one to a certain level or deep shit where one has to struggle and wrestle to come out.
    I love it all..

     
  • At Thursday, 10 April, 2008, Blogger Jas said…

    ya, i second u. damn life is a complete puzzle for me since 2008 starting, one big decision after another. But then I also have enjoyed some great cocktails, so maybe its time to wriggle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home