At the Crossroads

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now. --Joan Baez When men and women agree,it is only in their conclusions;their reasons are always different

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One night at work

Iam working in the nights and today is my 7th night(13 more to go). My current state is pretty bad.I am all sleepy and exhausted. Though i sleep close to 7 hours a day, its still insufficient for someone like me. Besides, the work pressure and sleepless nights taking a toll on my health :( . I am told that working in nights can help me gain more knowledge, hmm.. I dont wanna gain anything at the expense of my health. I wonder how people at call centre survive.They work at nights for months together and there is hardly anything they can do, as in try and bring a change. Their entire schedule, body metabolism,etc is more or less screwed. But working at nights can be fun at times.


I am not sure if i can call myself a nightbird. There have been times when i have stayed up all night,but i have compensated for the lost sleep by sleeping the next entire day and most of the night. But nights are the best times to sit back and relax. I prefer reading my fav book or reminiscing about wonderful times during night. I feel enthused to do something different. High energy levels backed by a strong mind makes for a wonderful night ;) I feel a tremendous emotional surge and i find an altogether different me. The solitude and calmness help me deal with the everyday pressure and explore my potential;). I love nights, but until about 4 ,beyond which i cannot stay awake.

Here i am, working until 8 in the morning. I have a junior working with me.She is fun and together we hit the cafeteria and savour mug noodles. The timely coffee served tastes like.. ask my junior..But again, its fun at times and am paid more..

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, 13 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rahter than posting a blog in the morning get some sleep. if you have curtains in your room, make the room dark and it will help, it will seem like the nights itself. have the exp for that and it works.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home