At the Crossroads

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now. --Joan Baez When men and women agree,it is only in their conclusions;their reasons are always different

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Indulgence
Whose?? Its my space,so probably mine...This friend of mine has already warned me not to reveal all of it.I shall be careful :P. There are a whole lotta things i enjoy excessively and have never quiet regretted doing them.Gobbling icecreams ,pastries,pizzas,chocolate cakes(my weight shows it all :( ),zip past the many vehicles on ECR for a long drive(though i need someone to chauffeur me ;)),engage a conceited airhead in an argument and beat him hands down,hit the theaters every weekend,explore every restaurant in the city,..etcetra etcetra.Recently i tried a coupla things i wouldnt wannna mention here and it felt awesome :P...Its so much fun to discuss stuff with mom(the most intelligent woman on earth)and she provides me with some very enlightening information.Soak up in my own mysterious world and try find a rationale for terrorist blowing themselves up and wondering why all politicans are corrupt and a lotta such crap.If any of u find an answer to all this,do reply.

My professional life has been a major disaster.I hate what i am today.Though am all dediacted and all,this is not what i wanted.I had always wanted to become a journo.Dresses in a kurta(typical of a journalist),with a journo bag and a mike in hand,interviewing politicians and blowing their heads off,bombarding them with questions.Whoa!! what a profession..I envy them :( .If any journo wants to swap wth me am ready.A far-fetched thought.But all you guys out there,believe me,being a software professional is no fun.This being the reason why i am considering a change of career.Life is not what u have,but what u make of it(i read it somewhere n i dont remeber if this is it). Enough cribbing.

Its 2.30 in the night and i suppose i must get back to my study table.I enjoy exploring formulas and nuances of english literature than sitting in my cubicle and trying to act like a responsible software professional.I hope i get to do something i really like..
ciao for now.

At the Crossroads

6 Comments:

  • At Friday, 22 September, 2006, Blogger Pramod said…

    terrorists blowing themselves is a result of ppl frustrated wid lif bein brainwashed by oders who tak adv o dis 2 meet deir political gains

    d only ans 2 ethin bad happenin in d world - greed


    career chng wnt' b dat bad ... if u r ready to waste anoder coupla yrs in gettin anoder degree(MA in mass comm will tak 1.5 yrs i guess ) n startin off wid peanuts sal afta dat ... but den u mit b happy 4 d rest o ur lif !


    P S:i think u shud shift 2 livejournal ... dat'll mak mor sense den blogger

     
  • At Friday, 22 September, 2006, Blogger Kanishkaa said…

    In that case just chuck whatever ur doing and be a journo.u have the makings of a good journo - ur not afraid to question,and u have an interest in politics.plus, u write well too! now's the time.besides,there's really no point in stagnating in a software job when u can sense that it is happening to you.don't be unhappy Jo...

     
  • At Sunday, 24 September, 2006, Blogger Karthik Balasubramanian said…

    indulgence huh.. well what can i say.. all i can say is jyotsna ur too much of a woman.. ur like one and a half women babe..

    i aint gonna advice u no more.. but keep it goin babe.. ur gonna get what u want.. i ve always been saying that to u..

    keep blogging man.. reading ur blog cheers me up.. reminds me of good times.. I cant wait to come back

     
  • At Sunday, 24 September, 2006, Blogger Jo said…

    @pramod
    MAss comm huh...:)) thanks for the advice..but its cose to impossible.Financial constraint :)

    @ Kanishka..
    Time has elapsed..i cannot possibly shift.I can prolly look into a career in MBA.

    @karthik.
    I dont understand what it means by one n half woman..

     
  • At Wednesday, 27 September, 2006, Blogger Karthik Balasubramanian said…

    one and a half woman na and a half woman thaan.. ithuku poi explanation ketta enna solrathu.

    it means ur not the usual normal woman and a lil too much to manage.. ha ha.. now dont get mad.. I am not referring in a negative way at all.. i can explain to u in tamil later over chat

     
  • At Thursday, 28 December, 2006, Blogger vidya said…

    An MBA will definitely prepare you for a better profession than IT...Not that I hate IT...IT in my opinion is a run of the mill job and you are one among the millions..tuf to get the visibility...You see what i mean...anyways a very well written blog...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home